These seats are USUALLY in 1975-1976 WESTY models, sometimes 1974.
- These have backrests that are tapered upwards; narrower at the top.
- The passenger seat usually has an OPEN Backrest
- The passenger seat usually has a hook that is used to attach to the passenger back wall.
- These seats look just like the 77-79 Westy seats, except for the Passenger open back.
- The passenger seat is FIXED to the base, and can move forward or backward one notch.
- The driver seat is mounted on a slider system that allows the seat to move forward or backward
- It seems that 1976 had a few models with a passenger swivel. These models had enclosed backrests, and the swivel base was the same as was used in later model Vanagons
- The seat bottom cover attaches on the underside with a plastic (or cardboard) strip that tucks into a groove